ALAN PINNINGTON – BSC(HONS), PGCE WITH QTS
Alan’s journey towards founding Solution Aid First Aid Training has included him training as a First Aid Trainer with the British Canoe Union (BCU), Intermediate Temporary Care (ITC) and Rescue Emergency Care (REC). Alan works regularly throughout the North West of England providing front line emergency care in ambulances and first response vehicles. Alan is recognised as a first aid trainer by Nuco Training and has been delivering first aid courses for over 17 years.
After spending many years working in the outdoors Alan has become very skilled in the use of first aid. He gained extra trauma training while a member of the Territorial Army (TA) where he became a fully qualified combat medical technician. More recently Alan has applied his first aid knowledge and skills as a volunteer with Mountain Rescue.
Alan holds a Higher National Diploma in Leisure Management. He then went on to graduate with a BSc (Hons) in Environmental Studies and Information Technology; this was followed by a PGCE to become a fully qualified teacher.
First Aid, Rescue & Teaching Qualifications
– Post Graduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
– British Canoeing – Advanced Canoe Leader
– British Canoeing – Foundation Safety & Rescue Course Trainer & Assessor
– British Canoeing – Whitewater Safety & Rescue
– Rescue 3 International – Whitewater Rescue Technician – Professional
– Rescue & Emergency Care First Aid Trainer (REC)
– Immediate Temporary Care First Aid Trainer (ITC)
– British Canoe Union Aquatic First Aid Trainer (BCU)
– Nuco Automated External Defibrillation Trainer (AED)
– British Army Combat Medical Technician
– IHCD First Person on the Scene (FPOS (I)
– Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation & Automated External Defibrillation Certificate
– The use of Medical Gases including Entonox
– Emergency Care Assistant
– First Response Emergency Care Level 3 Certificate (FREC 3)
– First Response Emergency Care Level 4 Certificate (FREC 4)
– Resuscitation Council (UK) – Immediate life support (ILS)
– RoSPA Emergency Response Blue Lights Driver