1 Day – Level 3 Oxygen Therapy Administration
This training enables users to administer oxygen safely and effectively, for casualties with breathing difficulties. Delegates will learn how and when to administer oxygen to a casualty and the safety concerns with carrying, storing and administering oxygen.
This course is suitable for qualified First Aiders, Emergency First Aiders, dental practitioners, dental care professionals, healthcare professionals and others working in an environment where oxygen is available for casualty welfare.
The course is made up of practical and theoretical sessions delivered by your Instructor who will provide a detailed course programme.
At the end of the course, learners will be able to
– Explain the benefits of oxygen therapy
– Identify indicators for the use of oxygen
– Explain contraindications prohibiting use of oxygen
– Explain the dangers of using compressed gas
Outline health and safety rules for the
– Handling of oxygen
– Carry out operational checks in preparation for use of oxygen therapy equipment
– Identify when oxygen therapy is required
Administer oxygen using the required flow rate for the following oxygen delivery devices
– None re-breather mask
– Bag, valve and mask
– Administer oxygen to a patient in line with agreed ways of working
If you have any questions or require more information on our Course costs and available dates, please contact us email@example.com